We are a full-service fundraising consulting firm with access to a team of senior consultants, outstanding designers, and state-of-the-art research services. All projects are led by Ann Goldman.
"Ann can offer smart, donor-centric strategy for any development shop. Her direct work in the field is invaluable to her work as a consultant—she "gets it." Her recommendations are scalable and realistic. I wish I could write down and use everything she says in terms of how to work with and approach donors. She is a true expert in major donor work and beyond."
Ashley Rumble, Director of Development and Communications, Emergency Family Assistance Association
Founder & Principal
I’ve been fundraising for more than 30 years and I love it more than ever. It’s so exciting to help people understand the power they have to change the world through the simple act of giving. I also really like the bottom-line nature of fundraising. At the end of the year you really know what you accomplished. I spent the first 16 years of my nonprofit career in Chicago and moved my family to the foothills west of Boulder, Colorado in 2006. It’s been a great place for my husband and I to raise our two sons.
I’ve been a senior-level development officer:
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
- Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago (now Lurie Children’s Hospital)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
I’ve served as a board member:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Chicago Chapter
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Colorado Chapter
- Community Chest of Oak Park/River Forest, IL
- Chicago Foundation for Women
- Impact on Education, Boulder, CO
- Space Science Institute, Boulder, CO
- Wonder Works, a Children’s Museum, Oak Park, IL
And I’ve served clients across the spectrum:
- More than 130 clients
- All aspects of development, from major gifts and capital campaigns, to development assessments and board training
I love to share what I know and learn from others. I have developed curriculum and taught for such organizations as:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Chicago’s Nonprofit Financial Center
- Forefront Chicago
- Northwestern University’s School of Continuing Studies
- Social Venture Partners
- And many more
In 2008, I co-founded Front Range Source with Leslie Allen in order to provide free tools and resources to fundraisers. Front Range Source includes a bi-monthly blog on fundraising topics, a toolbox of free resources, some incredibly practical ebooks, and a job board.
Writing is a core part of my experience. I’ve developed case statements, proposals and other communications materials for dozens of organizations. My favorite writing project was a collaboration with my husband, photographer Andrew Goldman, on the book Facing North: Portraits of Ely, Minnesota.
Fundraising success is all about a cultural commitment to both the mission and the donor. Bringing them together in respectful, strategic ways to make real impact—that’s what makes me tick.